We had another great week in First Grade as we are settling in nicely to our classroom routine. In Math, we are working on Place Value. We will continue with this standard for another week. In Social Studies, we are learning the 7 continents, oceans and land forms. We will take a test on the land forms on Monday. The student's flip books came home on Thursday. I hope they shared them with you. If you still have them, it wouldn't hurt to go over them this weekend as a review! In Language Arts, I will introduce the skill of ask and answer. We will be asking questions about a book before we read it and then answer those questions at the end. Students will be in partners to practice this skill after a couple of model lessons have been done together.
We are ramping up for our first STEM challenge. We are in need of individual plastic fruit or applesauce snack cups. If your child has that for a snack this weekend, please send in the container for our STEM challenge. Thanks
Please turn in Performing Arts forms. We need the signed permission for them to participate.
Thank you to all the parents that donated items from our "Helping Hands" wall.
Have a great weekend,
It was great to see everyone at Open House. Here are a couple key points from last night in cased you missed or need a reminder:
1. Guided Reading Folders will begin to come home next week. Refer to the sticky inside the folder as to when it should be returned.
2. FAST classes start on Monday. Please let me know if you have signed up your child. I need to know the class and the day that they will attend.
3. If you want your child on the permanent ice-cream list, I need a note.
4. CO-GAT Testing will be September 6th, 7th and 8th.
5. I will start sending home cards for good behavior beginning on Monday. Some of the cards will be the same as last year; however,I have added a card for "good listener" and "quiet mouse". If they have a yellow card, you will have a note from me with an explanation.
6. The students will have the opportunity to ago for a morning run in the gym every Monday. They must have on tennis shoes to participate.
I forgot to go over homework last night. We will begin homework the first week of September. I will send home a folder with a choice board inside. Your child will need to complete 5 activities from the choice board each month. More info to follow.
Specials next week:
Irish sent out a sign-up genius for Mystery Reader. If you did not receive it, please email her at email@example.com
I hope everyone has a great weekend,